Friday, June 11, 2010

I LOVE being an Aunt!!!

Happy Friday to everyone!!! Well, as most of you know my sister is in town for a few weeks with my sweet niece, Bella. Last time I saw Bella she was only 4 weeks old, and I was 8 months pregnant!
I was so spoiled to have my sister here for a full 2.5 months and was able to spend a lot of time with her. Being pregnant together is something that I will never forget. We were always taking belly pictures and talking about the aches and pains we were both having. The night Bella was born, I didn't sleep hardly at all. Andy was spending the night with us and I was waiting by the phone all night long. I kept thinking, "I hope that mom doesn't forget to call me!" I wanted to be at the hospital with her so bad, but with me having all the kids and being pregnant, my job was to "abide by the stuff." I still remember getting the call that Miss Bella was finally here! My sister was able to do it without any pain meds (GO SARA!) I was so proud of my sister! Then after I got off the phone, I couldn't sleep! All I could think about is when is it going to be morning so that I can go meet my sweet Bella?Morning finally came, and I took Andy to the hospital first thing so that we could see her. I will never forget the moment that I held her for the first time, because it finally clicked that I was truly an Aunt (or Tia to her). My sweet husband would let me go see her at least every other day if not every day. Even if I only had 2 minutes with her I would hold her and rock her. Saying goodbye to her was so hard because I knew she would be so different when she came back. I still desire for her to know me well and of course for me to be her FAVORITE aunt! :) Good thing Edgar doesn't have sisters, because I'm the only Aunt! I love it!
I saw Bella last weekend for the first time in months! I was hovering over everyone holding her, because I couldn't wait to get my hands on her. I was also very excited for Sara to meet Bobby as it would be the first time. Bella came right to me and I could've stayed all night with her. Ted and I kept teasing each other on who she liked better. I must admit that he got her to laugh way more than I could. I have seen her almost everyday since and I'm enjoying every minute. My kids are having the best time with Tia and Bella, so I thought I'd share some photos from our last few days...


Olivia giving sweet kisses!
Holding my sweet girl for the first time in months!
The 2 babies! Only 10 weeks apart, Bella is older!

I love watching them play together!

P.S. It's my Mama's Birthday today!!!! Can't wait to celebrate all together later!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Your kids are just adorable and you are just so beautiful! Can't wait to follow your story on here! Tell your Mom Happy Birthday for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a very blessed Mom/Grandma and I have the most beautiful and amazing grandkids and daughters who both married amazing men. I love th new pics.

    ReplyDelete