We've had more craziness!!! Over a week ago my little man was running a moderate fever for about 3-4 days. We weren't real sure what was going on, but we happy when the fever broke! We were ecstatic to have things return to normal...which lasted about 24 hrs. Bobby then woke up with a rash, not bad just not normal for him. We didn't think much of it until the next morning he woke up with red bumps over his ENTIRE body! I ran him into Ted, and said, "this is not normal, right?!?! I'm not seeing things am I?" He reassured me that this was not normal and we needed to find out what was wrong ASAP. We both were thinking chicken pox, and then started thinking, "ok, 3 kids, so what 3 weeks of chicken pox???" Come to find out, my son has the measles!!! Yes, the measles!! Babies are not vaccinated until they are a year old, so he picked it up from some where. When the Dr. was asking if he's had these certain symptoms it was like are you reading my mind??? Yes, ALL of those and then some! My husband said, "Ame, the 1850's called and they want their measles back!" I LOVE that about him, I love his sense of humor! Measles is VERY contagious if you've not had the vaccine, so we haven't been able to take him out for a whole week. He looks so miserable, and I know he feels that way too. He's not eating like his usual self and is sleeping ALL the time. Seriously, today he took a nap from 10am-3pm! We are praying for a quick recovery and we are doing the best we can to keep him comfortable.
The other night I laying down in my husband's lap talking to him! One of my favorite things to do...he rubs my head and reassures me that this to shall pass and we're gonna be ok. Over the course of this year I've realized I'm not as tough as I thought. We've had thing after thing thrown at us. If you were to ask my parents or sister about me, I know they would tell you that I'm one tough cookie. They would say I have a high pain tolerance, hardly get emotional, am quick witted like my dad, and much more. Lately, I haven't felt so tough at all, and you know what??? I'm okay with that! It's been nice to really need my husband for encouragement mentally, physically, and spiritually. It's been nice to not try and do it all like I usually do. There have been some VERY unusual days in my house where there is laundry waiting to be folded, dishes needing to be washed, and the house not spotless. My sweet husband let me sleep in while he fed and dressed all 3 babies and folded laundry. He has been secretly putting my towels in the dryer while I shower and bringing them to me piping hot when I'm done. He has been going above and beyond to take care of me because I have needed that lately! He has been taking such great care of me, and lifting me up in this hard time...hard year really! By him doing all these things, it's given me the extra push to make it through this time. It's helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel. It has made me so thankful to call this man MY HUSBAND! Paul talks about glorying in his infirmities in 2 Cor 12:9, and that's what I'm going to do! That's how I'm going to be tough and hang tough is to glory in these things that the Lord has clearly allowed to happen in my family. I'm going to be thankful for another day to serve Him, and another day to give Him the glory!! I hope you will do the same!
No comments:
Post a Comment